PaddyOs Guilt-Free Vegan Banoffee Pie
This guilt-free vegan banoffee pie is no-bake, refined sugar free and super delcious too. It can be made as one pie or divided among pots of cupcake cases for mini-pies. It will keep in the fridge for up to four days (although we don’t think it will last that long). If you make it we would love to see your creations so be sure to tag us @paddyoscereal
PaddyO’s Guilt-Free Vegan Banoffee Pie
(Makes one large pie or can be divided into separate pots)
4 cups PaddyO’s Granola
4-6 tbsp Vegan Butter
100g Nut Butter (Peanut/Cashew/Almond)
10 tbsp Coconut Oil
10 tbsp Water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt
4 ripe Bananas
2 x 400ml tins of full fat coconut milk (refrigerate for at least one hour so the fat separates from the water)
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
2-4 squares dark chocolate
- Line the base of a 23cm springform tin with parchment paper.
- To make the base add the PaddyO’s granola and butter to a food processor and whiz until it becomes a breadcrumb-like texture.
- Transfer the mixture to the cake tin and use your hands to compact it really firmly into the base, ensuring its evenly spread. Place in the fridge.
- To make the toffee layer, melt the coconut oil gently in a pan or microwave. Place in a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients for the toffee layer and blend until smooth and caramel-like. This can take up to 10 minutes – add more water if it’s clumpy.
- Once ready, spread a really even layer of toffee onto the base layer. Refrigerate once again for at least 30-40 minutes.
- To make the coconut cream spoon the thick cream from both tins into a mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp of the clear coconut water from the tins along with the vanilla extract and whisk it all together with an electric whisk.
- To assemble the cake remove the springform tin and transfer the cake to a completely flat plate.
- Slice the bananas into coins and put a layer of these on top of the toffee.
- Spoon or pipe the coconut cream on top and grate the chocolate on top.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.