Lemon yogurt berry swirl with homemade granola
Lemon yoghurt berry swirl with homemade granola
Write a review
- 375g PaddyO's Garnola
- 150g whole almonds, shelled, but skin still on
- 50g flax seeds
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60ml neutral cooking oil (rapeseed)
- 75g honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 35g raisins or dried cranberries
- 150g diced dried apricots
- 50g dried banana slices
- For the berry swirl
- 300g mixed berries (any combination, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) frozen
- 30g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For the lemon yoghurt
- 375g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 150C/Gas mark 2.
- Mix granola, almonds, flax seeds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a saucepan warm the oil and honey.
- Whisk in the vanilla essence.
- Pour the honey, oil, vanilla mixture over the granola mixture and mix gently, but well.
- Mix with spatula and eventually your hands.
- Spread out onto a sheet pan and bake for 40 minutes (stir after the first 20).
- Cool and break up any clumps.
- Mix in dried fruit.
- For the berry swirl: Add berries, lemon juice and icing sugar in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook until the berries break down and mixture becomes syrupy, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine the yoghurt, zest and juice in a mixing bowl and stir.
- To serve, set up glasses and layer with granola, yogurt and berries.
PaddyO's Cereals http://www.granola.ie/