Using coconut oil instead of butter not only gives these drop cookies a healthy boost, but it also adds great flavor
Write a review
2 hr 20 min
2 hr 20 min
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup PaddyO's Cereals
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds)
- 1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3/4 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cherries or cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat oil and brown sugar in a bowl on medium speed until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, rotating sheets halfway through, 13 to 14 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely on a wire rack before removing from sheets.
- Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.
- To make the cookies whole grain, swap in spelt flour for the all-purpose.
PaddyO's Cereals http://www.granola.ie/