It’s May, and you all know what that means … It’s fresh mint season!!! – oh you didn’t know? Jokes, neither did we until we checked out what’s in season through the bord bia website, seen here.
Here are the 8 amazing reasons why Mint Tea is so beneficial:
1) First, and foremost, it is known for its ability to soothe the digestive tract
2) Helps relieve heartburn
3) Is a detoxifier
4) Helps cure skin rashes
5) Suppresses appetite
6) Relieves flatulence
7) Helps with Nausea
8 ) Helps cure gallstone problems
There is a little rumour floating around the internet that it can also reduce unwanted hair for women!
So grab your tea pot and head into your garden, or local supermarket and get a bunch of mint leaves and start feeling GREAT!
A recipe idea:
- Rinse tea pot with hot water
- Before adding the mint leaves – crush them gently with your hands
- Then fill with boiling water
- Allow the leaves to infuse for about 3-5 minutes … and enjoy.
(image from Pinterest)